Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Makeup Secrets


Perfect canvas!
This is the first step towards achieving an 'almost perfect' makeup. We all know, nothing or no one is perfect but if we put extra effort in doing something, it can have a huge difference! Trust me :) 


The picture above (my picture!) was taken a while ago at Great Image Studio, SM City San Pablo. As you can notice, I ensure that my canvas was really good (even though the eye makeup wasn't.. haha! sorry I was rushing). Okay we were talking about canvas here. But, what is a makeup canvas?!

It has something to do with the base. As for me, I like to use BB Cream (Blemish/Beauty Balm Cream) or CC Cream (Color Corrector Cream) for an everyday basis, simply because I don't like that 'heavy face' feeling when I use liquid foundation. On the other hand though, a liquid foundation is appropriate to use when you want a full coverage makeup (something which will not melt easily.. melt? haha!). I often use it when I'll be attending special ocassions.

In doing your base, you like to ensure that all the products you'll put on your face was evenly blended. You can use makeup tools such as brush, sponge or even your clean and warm hands. A little goes a long way, by the way! You don't need too much products cause you might look like a birthday cake if you put so. Hahaha. Kidding.

After your base, you can now put your concealer on! Lucky you are if you have nothing to conceal with. Hihi. Then proceed with putting a loose or pressed powder.

Tadaaaa! Simple right? Try it. :)


Brows!
Makeup artists says that brows are the windows to the eyes. So if you want a good view of your eyes, make sure that the window is 'almost perfect' too! :D


You can go back and check my picture above. Well! as for me, I love experimenting with my brows by trying different shapes until I find one which will suit my face shape. Like the brows in the picture (sorry if the other brow was covered by my hair ^_^), you can achieve that through three simple steps:
1. Outline your brow using a brow pencil
2. Fill-in the sparse using an eyebrow powder
3. Use a spooly to comb the hair making it more natural-looking
You can also put an eyebrow gel/mascara after if you want to..

I know that most of you guys have a hard time doing your eyebrows! I understand that. But as I have said, put extra effort (even just a little) and you will soon notice something better. Promise! You don't want your brows to look identical, said Michelle Phan, if that's one of your issue too.


Still having a hard time? I hope this will help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_mQgOvRiQY
A brow tutorial video made by yours truly. ;)


These are two of my secrets in achieving that 'almost perfect' makeup. Everything I wrote here was based on my knowledge and I hope that it'll help you, girls & guys! Lovelots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment